Reducing and Reusing Basics
The most effective way to reduce waste is by not creating it in the first place. Making a new product requires a lot of materials and energy. Raw materials must be extracted from the earth, and then the product must be fabricated and transported to wherever it will be sold.
As a result, reduction and reusing are the most effective ways you can save natural resources, protect the environment and save money.
Benefits of Reducing and Reusing
- Prevents pollution caused by reducing the need to harvest new raw materials
- Saves energy
- Reduces greenhouse gas emissions that contribute to global climate change
- Helps sustain the environment for future generations
- Saves money
- Reduces the amount of waste that will need to be recycled or sent to landfills and incinerators
- Allows products to be used to their fullest extent
LED is completely recyclable.